Turner’s House Trust is looking for two or three additional trustees to join its Board.
The Trust is a registered charity responsible for Sandycombe Lodge, the house which J M W Turner designed and built in Twickenham, and in which he lived with his father. Following extensive restoration, the House opened to the public in 2017 and is now a leading cultural attraction in South West London.
Potential trustees should have:
• A strong commitment to Turner’s House Trust and its objectives
• Tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion
• Strong networking capabilities
• Active interest in the cultural and heritage sector
• Successful track record of making a difference through his or her career
• Candidates with experience of business development, marketing and/or fundraising would be of particular interest
The Board meets six times a year. Most trustees also have some additional responsibilities. Trustees serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Trustees are not remunerated and the time commitment is around two to three days a month. In the Board’s view the Trustee roles are best suited to individuals living within an hour’s travelling time of Twickenham.
Enquiries to the Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org – closing date 17 January 2020.