Salary: £40,000-£50,000 depending on skills and experience (+ benefits package)
Contract type: permanent
Location: Hampshire – West Sussex
The National Trust offers a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Rural Chartered Surveyor / Estate Manager for their portfolio of iconic and celebrated sites in Hampshire and West Sussex. This portfolio includes The Vyne and Hinton Ampner in Hampshire and Uppark and Petworth in West Sussex.
Estate Managers care for a wide range of sites and structures, from historic residential properties to commercial farms, from pubs to commons, and everything in-between. They make a real difference to the long-term wellbeing of our land and properties as they help to deliver a progressive land management approach on behalf of the National Trust. Estate Managers also play a crucial role in managing relationships with tenants and local communities.
In this role, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- You will be a rural practice member of RICS.
- The ability to foster a strong relationship with tenants and stakeholders, providing a professional business partnering.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to adapt your negotiating style depending on the situation.
- High level of financial acumen and strong experience of managing large budgets.
- Impressive relationship management skills, and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences
- An innovative approach to estate management, and the ability to spot opportunities or creative solutions
- The ability to analyse data, using internal and external research, to recognise trends and understand strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats on the estate
- A collaborative approach to working with internal teams to manage your estate plan
- Strong project management skills, including experience of managing large projects.
Read more about the job and how to apply here.