Location: Singleton, Chichester, West Sussex.
Brief description: The Museum is particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a genuine passion for the Museum and expertise in at least one of the following areas, but will also consider other applicants who can bring a different perspective:
- Commercial, business, financial;
- State education sector;
- Historic buildings, conservation;
- Academic (Further or Higher Education or research);
- Marketing, communications;
- A network of contacts which could be helpful to the Museum would also be valuable.
Main Duties of a Trustee:
- to ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, organisation law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations and that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document;
- to ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives, i.e. the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how worthwhile or charitable;
- to contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets;
- to ensure the financial stability of the organisation;
- to protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation’s funds;
- to attend meetings having reviewed relevant papers and any necessary sub-committee meetings;
- to keep informed about the activities of the organisation and wider issues which affect its work.
Time Commitment: The Board of Trustees of the Museum meets 5 times per year, including the AGM plus an ‘Away Day’.
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday 24 January 2020.
Contact details: People interested in being appointed a Trustee of the Weald & Downland Living Museum should email a CV and a covering letter explaining how they feel they meet the requirements set out in this brief to Mrs Jo Pasricha, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, care of Sarah Ward firstname.lastname@example.org