Title: Museum Director
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
The Royal Crown Derby Museum is seeking a Museum Director. The purpose of this new role is to manage the Royal Crown Derby Museum and drive forward its development. The post holder will innovate all functions, creating a dynamic and informative experience for all ages.
The successful candidate will develop links with people and organisations in and beyond Derbyshire, with the aim of generating new funding streams and raising the profile of the Museum as a must-visit attraction.
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Team player with leadership and management skills
- Experience of creating and delivering strategic plans
- Experience of developing heritage attractions and increasing visitor attendance and engagement
- Experience of managing budgets and fundraising
- Some knowledge of fine porcelain
- A relevant first degree as a minimum. A Masters degree or PhD is desirable.
Derby porcelain has been made in the city since circa 1750. The Trust owns an extensive historic porcelain collection and associated items. Visitors also benefit from services currently operated by the Company, including a retail shop, tea room and a Factory Tour of the ongoing artisan-based manufacturing operation.
Apply with CV and covering letter and contact details for two references to: email@example.com.