Direct report: Works closely with the Chair, Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees.
Time commitments: Attend Trustee Board, the AGM and other events run by the Trust. Chair Finance Committee meetings held six times a year. Meet periodically with the Finance Officer and other staff.
Remuneration: The post is voluntary and not remunerated.
Location: Meetings are normally held at the Trust’s office – ETNA, 13 Rosslyn Road, Twickenham, TW1 2AR.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, budget, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the financial standing of the Trust with the CEO and report to the Board regarding cash flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the strategic management of the Trust’s financial resources.
- Oversee the Trust’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the Board of Trustees ensuring finances are responsibly managed with proper procedures and controls in the interests of the Trust’s work and beneficiaries. Ensure buildings, equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured.
- Act as a counter-signatory as appropriate on cheques, on-line payments and applications to funders.
- Ensure that annual accounts are submitted to the Annual General Meeting liaising with the independent examiner and in accordance with the needs of all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.