Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
The Greenwich Foundation for the Old Royal Naval College is looking to appoint a Head of Learning & Creative Programming to their Learning & Interpretation Team.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a new strategic lead across the Old Royal Naval College site for collections, learning and creative programmes, creating a sustainable, surprising and enterprising offer which has a broad appeal gives new relevance to our architecture and interiors for diverse audiences. This role will ensure that the presentation of their stories goes beyond their permanent interpretation and creates a bold and imaginative programme of activity, events and learning experiences which positions them as an extraordinary cultural destination. Building and nurturing partnerships will be central to achieving this goal.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Proven experience of strategically leading learning and creative programmes.
- Substantial experience of building strategic partnerships with organisations and stakeholders to deliver high quality interpretation and public progammes.
- Proven experience of and is committed to improving access and inclusion opportunities for diverse audience targets.
- Worked in a similar management position within a heritage, museum architecture or arts environment, with experience of direct delivery.
- Budget and resource management, process and reporting.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Qualification or demonstrable professional experience in a relevant subject area.
- Strong networks within the heritage, museum, arts and cultural in London and beyond.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and covering letter (2 pages maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the person specification. Please send your application via email or post by the closing date as outlined below, marked
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL to: HR Department, Greenwich Foundation for the Old Royal Naval College, 2 Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London, SE10 9LW
Closing Date: 12 noon, on 27 August 2019